[duxhelp] Re: DBT on my Braille display

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:20:57 -0400

Christine:

Christian's proposed solution should work like a charm.

But I remain puzzled.  DBT's coded view has changed quite radically from DBT
10.4 to DBT 10.5.

But the formatted view really hasn't changed.  The code internally is
cleaner, but the calls made to Windows really should be the same.  (Perhaps
I'm simply mistaken in this assertion; it is hard to argue against manifest
reality.)  I do suspect that the default font size may have changed from DBT
10.4 to DBT 10.5.

So perhaps you can let me know whether the difficulty is with coded view
only, or is it also with formatted view?

In either case, Christian has been working with a braille display and DBT
10.5 for some time now.  He's helped us to avoid much larger problems; to
his credit, what remains appears at least to have a workaround.

De : "Christine Simpson" <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> À :
<duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Envoyé : mardi 25 mai 2004 03:50 Objet : [duxhelp]
DBT on my Braille display

Good morning,

Since downloading DBT10.5 I have noticed some strange behaviour with my
Braille display.

I am using a BrailleStar with JFW5.

I notice that often when I open a file and more so when I translate it to a
DXB file, the spaces between the words are not correctly shown.  A space
character often takes up several braille cells.  It is as if the character
is stretched and obviously this makes reading the file very difficult.  As
far as I know, text on screen is ok and certainly when I move my cursor JFW
does not give any indication of anything being wrong.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me please?

Everything was correct in 10.4 and infact, still is.  If I go back and load
10.4 nothing is wrong but if I then open 10.5 and open the same file, the
error is likely to occur.

Help and suggestions will be appreciated

Christine

         * * * * *
Christine Simpson
Information Alternatives