[duxhelp] Re: DBT on my Braille display

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:51:22 -0400

Caryn,

Eight points would almost certainly be too small for a sighted person.  I
wonder (aloud) again whether the registry tweak I suggested to Christian may
have been rendered ineffective by some bug I haven't yet found.  And I
wonder whether some setting in JAWS might adapt better to larger fonts.

The thing is that the spacing between characters in DBT is neither more nor
less than what is recommended by the font.  So I remain puzzled about why
this spacing would be interpreted as signficant, even absent any
accomodation we might make.