[duxhelp] DBT on my Braille display

  • From: Christine Simpson <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:50:34 +1000

Good morning,

Since downloading DBT10.5 I have noticed some strange behaviour with my Braille display.

I am using a BrailleStar with JFW5.

I notice that often when I open a file and more so when I translate it to a DXB file, the spaces between the words are not correctly shown. A space character often takes up several braille cells. It is as if the character is stretched and obviously this makes reading the file very difficult. As far as I know, text on screen is ok and certainly when I move my cursor JFW does not give any indication of anything being wrong.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me please?

Everything was correct in 10.4 and infact, still is. If I go back and load 10.4 nothing is wrong but if I then open 10.5 and open the same file, the error is likely to occur.

Help and suggestions will be appreciated

Christine

* * * * *
Christine Simpson
Information Alternatives