[ddots-l] Re: sound card and mixer recommendations

  • From: Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:03:49 +0200

I totally agree, as long as you get a propper motherboard with propper
firewire chips and configure your stuff correctly you'll have no
firewire issues plus I don't see a reason why you would want to go
below a 64 sample buffer size.
If it will make you more comfortable about firewire, find out what
motherboard you're going to get in your machine, then check what
firewire chip it uses and research online whether people have any
issues with those firewire chips on a windows machine. Oh and while
mentioning windows, I hope you're going for windows 7 and not back to
windows xp, I know a lot of jaws users still like xp but I don't see a
reason why not to use windows 7, plus you can probably expect to have
some driver issues with the firewire if running xp. Way back in the
days of xp microsoft wasn't very fond of the firewire thing because
it's Apples interface. But as the years whent on, hardware guys
started putting firewire on motherboards because the demand was there
so microsoft had to build firewire drivers for windows xp. Because it
wasn't in xp from the start and later added on, the chances of having
issues with very new motherboards and sound interfaces are good but
because firewire was designed in to windows 7 from the start, it is
rock solid.