[citw150] Lesson 3 Question 6

  • From: <rodney.carrow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LISTSERVER <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:47:32 -0800

Ok as far as Nationalism and Isolation in Iraq goes it is a crock of BS=2E=
 They may have been strictly monitored in the past if government official=
s were even given permission to get on the net=2E The original intent was=
 to keep everyone in the dark ages as well as it may seem that way now=2E=
 Other factors to take into effect is the issue of Iraq only having aroun=
d five phone lines that even go outside of the country=2E Now that Saddam=
 Hussein is no longer in power things have changed a bit=2E I personally =
have witnessed during my year tour in Iraq that they have set up satellit=
e towers and other means to provide internet access=2E Internet caf=E9s h=
ave been established and even though a site that I have gotten some infor=
mation from says they don=92t even have cell phones=2C they do exist=2E H=
ow else do you think they set off the IEDs=2C (Improvised Explosive Devic=
es) that are killing all of our fellow Americans=3F =

My personal opinion is that they do isolate there selves from the interne=
t and several other things=2E With what little technology they do have in=
 Iraq is misused by the idiots that can afford it and are often members o=
f the Taliban or Alquida forces being supported by some loser who has not=
hing better to do in life=2E I=92m not saying that all people of Iraq are=
 bad and misuse everything they own=2E The whole topic is just a soar sub=
ject for me considering that I have lost some close friends while I was t=
here and I strongly believe that the whole country will never be able to =
function independently on its own because of its Government or whatever y=
ou want to call it is weak=2E

http=3A//www=2Enpr=2Eorg/programs/atc/transcripts/2002/oct/021028=2Egarre=
ls=2Ehtml
http=3A//www=2Ehrw=2Eorg/advocacy/internet/mena/iraq=2Ehtm

Of course I don=27t look busy=2E=2E=2E=2E=2EI did it right the first time=
!

---------Rodney Carrow