[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q4

  • From: Sue Petrisin <suepetrisin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

Good day classmates!  There are many, many viruses,
hoaxes and worms on the internet - as I'm sure we have
all experienced!  The hoaxes that bother me the most,
are the hoaxes that describe missing children,
terrible diseases or sympathy wanted.  With everything
that is really occuring in the world, it would be very
easy for someone to get caught up in these type of
hoaxes, forward the email on or even donate to such a
message and have the funds go to a scammer.  These
hoaxes prey on vulnerable people.  There are many
organizations - good ones - for people to donate too.
I hope that everyone checks a website such as this one
before supporting any organization or request.  Here's
the website if you'd like to check out more hoaxes.
Have a good week!

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBSympathy.shtml

"Leadership is going where nobody else has gone." - -Bob Galvin
Sue Petrisin
petrisin@xxxxxxx
LCC CITW 150
(o) 517.355.7466