[cad-linux] Re: cad-linux still alive [if only on life-support...

  • From: Dave Jacques <engrafdave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:14:36 -0500

 I sure would like to see some kind of renaissance of Cad for linux. I am
however out here on the bleeding edge of architecture and the standards are
just so high. I certainly would use something on Linux if it were available and
I do watch this group for that reason. The state of CAD to is such that unless
Windows were to just fall off the planet there is no way there will be any kind
of effective CAD in the Linux domain. I hate to say this I really do but, facts
are facts. The changes I have seen in the past five years are mind blowing, I
would just be happy with something that is on the level of oh, say release 12
of autocad. It wouldn't even have to be X based. I sure wish that AutoDesk was
mor altruistic in nature...