[cad-linux] Re: cad-linux still alive [if only on life-support...

  • From: "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:59:43 -0400

Andrew Mustun wrote:
> For those interested: we are working on QCAD 3 (cross platform 2d CAD)
> which will be able to read / write all versions of DXF and DWG (using
> the OpenDesign libs). QCAD 3 should be ready for a first release in 2010.
>
> Andrew

That's really exciting news! QCAD is useful in many simpler 2D
applications. I used it to make drawings to apply for a building permit.
DWG support would make it useful for me at work too, where we currently
use AutoCAD to drive engravers.

It would be nice if QCAD had a command-line interface, though. The UI is
just too slow for heavy use, in my experience.

- Mike