[cad-linux] Re: cad-linux still alive [if only on life-support...

  • From: Andrei Smirnov <andrei.v.smirnov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:55:51 -0400

It appears that if you are any kind of designer, be it Web, Music, and
especially Solid modeling (CAD), you have to become be a Microsoft customer.
And this is quite unfortunate, because every time I am forced to use
Windows, I find the whole interface so much worse to work with than Linux
Desktop. I feel a bit pity for most PC users who've been deprived a better
experience. If China or other countries do something in this regard it would
be wonderful. If I was a foreign entity I wouldn't want to see my national
IT infrastructure be controlled by propriatory formats. Even Google Sketchup
is for Windows only -:(
I want to reiterate that the dinosaurs  would  have never died out in a
natural  course of evolution - it takes a meteorite to to clan things up. A
platform independent CAD system, such as Python CAD may be a great idea.

Andrei

Andrei V. Smirnov, PhD.