[BNU] Re: Why is my battery draining while Power adapter is on

  • From: Robert Gilchrist <rg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:59:33 -0800

On 11/5/13, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure the adapter is securely connected? The point where the two
> parts of the cable meet can sometimes get a bit loose, which causes
> problems. That may be the first step, before you start worrying about new
> equipment or parts.
> On Nov 5, 2013, at 4:04 PM, <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx> <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

As Portia said in a later msg, and
alex has also said:

If you have a solid connection between the power supply and the ac
power cord, (the place where the power cord enters the small box where
the BN's power chord connects  to the other end of the box, which is
not detachable.) Then you have a battery problem. These battery
problems happen due to age, not a bug in the BN.
that's why there is a calibration proceedure, so you can readjust the
accuracy of the battery gauge.

Rob

>Last night I checked my power level on my Apex and it was at 100%.  I just
>now turned the apex on to read the manual and about fifteen minutes after
>turning it on, apex says battery is critical and I see 0% for the power
>level.  Why is the battery draining when I am not using the apex, it is
>turned off and the adapter is still on.
>This has happened to me a couple of times and I can’t figure out what is
>going on.  I then have problems trying to get the unit to start charging
>again.  Can anyone help me figure this out?
 >Donna
>tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx

>Have a great day,
>Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)