[BNU] Re: Why is my battery draining while Power adapter is on

  • From: "Portia Scott" <portiaprincess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <shawnabraham21@xxxxxxxxx>, <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 03:46:39 -0800

The battery gage degrading isn't a bug of Humanware, it's batteries in
electronics like laptops and desktops that degrade as well. In case someone
doesn't know what I meant by degrading, it means that as the battery ages,
the amount of charge and the capacity of the battery decreases as well.
Therefore, the need for calibration. So that's not a bug, just common
battery logic.

From: Shawn Abraham <shawnabraham21@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx, mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx Date sent: Tue, 05 Nov 2013
21:32:54 -0500

We call these types of things Humanware bugs.  There's honestly nothing we
can do about it.  This kind of thing pops up on the list all the time, and I
have experienced it myself.  There is a problem with the battery gage.  And
not just the gauge itself, if I understand correctly.  We all run into it
sooner or later, usually after a while of using our BNS.  Unfortunately, if
Humanware really wants to squash this bug it will have to be done in a new
line of products, or at least a massive worldwide hardware revision.  In
which every following produced device will not carry the problem.  I cannot
see the latter happening.