[bookshare-discuss] Re: In your opinion, what makes a book bad.

  • From: "Meka White" <mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:54:19 -0700

The things that make a book bad for me are books where the person gets over
their disability conveniently at the end.  Fiction books about blind people
make me shudder unless the author has really done their homework.

Also, heroines who are too stupid to live can really make a book very bad
for me.  If I'm rooting for the serial killer to off the main characters,
that's not a good sign.  Dianna Palmer, this means you.

I want to be able to like the characters, shudder at the bad guys, and
really get in to the plot and preferably without pulling my hair out.

Meka