[bookshare-discuss] Re: In your opinion, what makes a book bad.

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

With nonfiction, if the writing is too scholarly, or tedious. In fiction, if
the writing is "bad," i.e. unimaginative, or too simple, like a
grade-schoolers. Or if I cannot relate emotionally with the characters; or if
the characters are are not well-rounded but are "flat," or cardboard. I can't
really explain it. Or if the plot doesn't capture my attention almost right
away. I don't care for a lot of description, either, but that can be skipped to
get to the next plot point or dialogue.

Unfortunately, I'm not good at describing what I don't like. I suspect someone
else will say exactly what I mean. grin

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/