[bookshare-discuss] Re: In your opinion, what makes a book bad.

  • From: Shannon <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05:34 -0500

See, I wouldn't classify Carey as erotica. There's a lot of sex in them thar pages, but mostly I think her stories are about the political intrigue.

And since you brought up John Ringo, here is a review of one of his books that I saw recently and which amused me.

http://hradzka.livejournal.com/194753.html

Apparently John Ringo actually liked the review because it is mentioned on his website and the phrase, "Oh, John Ringo, no!" has become something of a meme on the Internet. (BTW, that review is probably not so much worksafe.)

Shannon

At 01:03 AM 6/23/2008, A. J. Nolte wrote:
The only two series I've even dabbled with that come close are the Ghost series by John Ringo and the Kushiel series by Jaqueline Kerry. Both of them had other plot points (intense counter-terrorism for the first and a complex and moderately intriguing medieval set-up for the second) which made them readible. Don't think I could read books where sex was the entire point of the plot.

Incidentally, Ringo is usually pretty good for military science fiction, but the Ghost series is a bit disturbing.

A. J.