[blindreplay] Re: has anyone made timed recording using TV software?

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:40:41 -0800 (PST)

If you have the analog cable tv box and its connected to your
VCR properly then you leave your VCR to tuner channel 3 at all
times. You change the cable box's channel to the channel you
want to record. So to recap VCR tuner always at channel 3 and
you physically change the channel on your cable box to the
channel you want to record. Those who have digital cable or
satellite do the same if they use a VCR. The VCR says on channel
3 and you you change the digital box to say 327 and the VCR
records channel 327 for you.

Going by memory here:

The cable coax that comes into your house goes directly into
your cable box's coax in and from your cable box's output coax
connects to your VCR's coax input, and from your VCR's coax
output you connect to the back of your tv's coax input.

If you don't want to record with your VCR then leave it turned
off and change your cable box's channels with your remote
control.

If you plan to do timer recordings with your VCR you leave the
channel in your timer settings to channel 3 and tell it the
start and end times, speed to record at and daily or weekly or
whatever. Once all this is set up then change your cable box to
the channel you want to record.

The other method is to use audio/video RCA cables or S-VHS
cables. The analog box you have probably does not have S-VHS
connector but the digital box will.

So if you plan to use RCA audio/video cables let me know and
will explain it.

If you don't have a cable box there then you have to tell your
VCR the channel you want to record like channel 8.