[blindreplay] Re: WXYT station via Replay Guide working

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

Petro
pc-audio does serve that purpose but it seems buried by folks who are more
linto audio production and the like.
The real question is whether such a list would draw a large enough
contingent of users to make a useful dialogue.
This list, while great in concept, doesn't have enough in critical mass to
generate broad exchanges.
Of course, the corollary question is whether any time shift radio list
could ever generate sufficient traffic as, after you get the thing going
and set up, there
isn't all that much to discuss.

I personally believe that Replay is the better piece of software; but
there are situations where RadioTime works better.
You have brought forth one;
another one is that RadioTime can wake itself up from hybernation/standby;
RadioTime doesn't have to be open to commence recording; for shows it will
search for an alternate stream if something fails;
and that its default save is in .mp3.
That last point is important for me for recordings that I want to quickly
edit and save onto an audio cd for my wife to listen to while driving.
If a show is done on Replay, saved in .asf, I have to have Replay either
do the conversion or something else.
The save isn't straight .mp3.

If I could only have one of these package, I would opt for Replay; but I
love having both because both are good in what they do.