[blindreplay] Re: WXYT station via Replay Guide working

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

Petro

That's the beauty of RadioTime.  A far better version for recording was
2.926, but it seemingly was withdrawn as it had other problems which
caused system problems.
The current weakness of 2.93, as I see it, is that it cannot record
certain types of streams --
shoutcast, cctuner, and some others -- in total background without using a
web interface.
2.926 could do this; but, as I said, had some undesirable side effects as
locking up systems, errors, etc.
I have exchanged notes with Bill Moore on this, and the engineers are well
aware of the shortcomings.
2.93 has been around for a couple of months; so perhaps a new version is
around the corner.
For your trip to Greece, RedButton is exactly what the doctor ordered.