[blindreplay] Re: WXYT station via Replay Guide working

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:22:40 -0400 (EDT)

Truly, finding urls is about the easiest thing around; and learning how to
do it yourself is far more productive than always seeking others to do it
(the teach a man how to fish for himself principle).
The url finder in Replay AV is an excellent tool for this; Petro outlined
a step by step procedure right on this list last night for this.
You canfind urls in RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, and Winamp for
streams they stream;
I often use this capability when I wish to bookmark for myself.

Unless a link includes Java coding, you can usually bookmark it in most
databases you visit for such info.
And while the stations in Radiotime's

database aren't directly bookmarkable due to java, the urlfiner in Replay
will most times find them for you.
With literally tens of thousands of links out there and listening habits
as varied as the grains of sand on the beach, there is truly no way such a
list could possibly work.

The need perhaps is for someone somewhere to develop a tutorial explaining
how to locate urls or retrieve them but not to continually do the fishing.
And believe me, 6 or 7 years back, I was in your shoes baffled by all
this, overwhelmed and marveling just how smart seemingly others were in
finding stuff.

But back to the main point:  learn how to use the url finder and this, by
far, will solve the vast majority of locating specific urls.