[blindreplay] Re: TALKING BOOKS?

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:21:12 -0500

Too much automation expected, e.g. narrator speed, chapter/phrase lengths vary and the delay between large paragraphs might trip your phrase/chapter/part detector, cassettes are generally about 1 hour 27 minutes per side though that varies from 1 hour 26 to a hour 29, so your results will be unpredictable. I've done several cassette books into mp3, or m4a, or ogg formats, so know a lot about it.

Curtis Delzer

At 07:27 PM 5/7/2007, you wrote:
Thanks, I know all this.

What I'm wondering is the following:
1. how long is a typical side on a talking book cassette?
2. How long is the "average" interval  of silence between chapters?

what I'd like to accomplish is to have the files split at chapter breaks.

Thanks,
Robin
----- Original Message ----- From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>