[blindreplay] Re: TALKING BOOKS?

  • From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:50:06 -0400

Garry, I'd experiment with levels I think. The problem is that you are dealing with two levels, the machine's output level, and the recording level on the computer. I might use the replay default the first time with the adjust level setting or whatever it's called in the setings section checked. This would allow me to experiment a bit with the output of the talking book player. If satisfactory results weren't easily achieved, then I'd uncheck the item in settings and adjust the record lin-in volume from the windows volume control to find a satisfactory level. I figure that at most I'd have to make about a half dozen 1 minute recordings and would have a final standard that would fit most books. Understand that this is all speculative on my part as I don't now record books to the computer. I have more books already downloaded and waiting to be read for me to have to add to the list. RD