[blindreplay] Re: TALKING BOOKS?

  • From: "Robin G. Plitt" <plittr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:51:50 -0400

I have an XM reciever giving me a line levin input. I will start with my current level.

If I didn't know what level my line is was, or what level my machine output should be, I'd start with the talking book machine at about one-third and the line input on the computer at about 50 percent.

If there is too much hiss, the player output needs to be brought up, or if it is distorted, you'd start by reducing the device output volume. do this untill you get a clean signal.

Then, you can adjust the computer's recording level, and if appropriate, the master jsound level untill you get the most desirable sound.
Robin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>