[blindreplay] Re: TALKING BOOKS?

  • From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:21:49 -0400

I generally find a side of a tape lasting between 80 and 90 minutes for books, more variable for magazines. I don't think there is a consistent spacing or speech break between chapters. I've never timed it, but it seems to me it varies with the reader and is not standardized. Since I am always listening to books at a higher speed with pitch restoration, my perceptions may be somewhat distorted here and there may be more of a noticeable and reliable chapter break at normal speed that I just can't hear given how I read. RD