[bksvol-discuss] Re: renewing books you're validating

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:26:44 -0500

Hi Cindy,
    Rose did not actually scan the book and so submitting it would be a bit
off the norm. As well despite how much time someone spends on a book, we as
validators cannot decide where credit is and is not due. As well for
tracking purposes in case of future inqueries or problems the BookShare
system needs to show the correct originating submitters information. When
submitting we represent that we in fact were the initial source of the book.
This is of course why BookShare prefers that only one person work on a book
before submitting and that the work is not divided between volunteers.

HTH,
Jake