[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning

  • From: "Charlene" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:19:22 -1000

Hi, Patti,

Just a question, which scanning software do you use?

There's good news regrding your problem scanning your book if you use
K1000.  In the new upgrade that's coming soon, the software will remove
many of the kind of errors you are talking about that are caused by
shadows on the margines of the pages.  It's not that the books have a
lot of errors in them, it's caused by shadows in some way.  It's not
your fault, and it sounds like you have done a good job scanning.  One
suggestion is to search for those characters in the document and
eliminate them, and if you're sure they aren't part of the text you
could also do search and replace and replace them with nothing or with a
space.  Then, whey you're finished you can go back through and do a
search and replace for multiple spaces.  Just some suggestions, and feel
free to ask questions if you need more help!

After you've worked so hard on your book, might as well try submitting
it, too!

Charlene