[bksvol-discuss] Re: renewing books you're validating

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:49:35 -0500

There are times when taking longer to validate a book makes sense. My view
is that if a submission is excellent, and I can make it basically perfect by
reading it through as a validator that's what I'm going to do. Also, I've
worked on books that were really longterm projects. They were rare books
that wouldn't be easy for someone to just rescan, and they needed a lot of
work but once that work was done they were definitely excellent quality. If
someone wants to take the time to fix up these books, I don't see why that
should be viewed as a negative.
Kellie