[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about membership rules and volunteer credits

  • From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:10:45 -0400

Here I am, replying to my own message.

I guess I shouldn't have written. I do best and most when I'm unsubbed from the list and doing my best to put out the best work I can. But then I miss the give-and-take of booktalk, and what's going on. Perhaps I'm a misfit, trying to do things, and always in over my head.

I almost never reject books unless they're so bad I can't see a way of repair. When I was a young adult, there were no computers, no wonderful plethora of books, and each book is almost sacred. Someone, somewhere has the right to read it, even if I don't like it. I think we all feel this way, but maybe some of us who keep books too long are stumbling-blocks in the process.

I love Bookshare enough that I don't want to hurt it. So if my keeping a book several weeks and then rejecting it is a problem. I'll go back to just reading books. Oh, I do read almost every book I validate thoroughly.

I'm eager to hear your reaction, and a little anxious, but I'll go with whatever people think. I will then either continue as I'm doing or read for pleasure, which I haven't done in a very long time. <grin>

Mickey Prahin
check out this exciting business opportunity and it's totally free!!!
http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/4941
e-mail micka@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 614-670-4011
Windows Live Messenger: micka@xxxxxxxxxx