[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about membership rules and volunteer credits

The situation which concerns me is the one where the same person takes a book over and over again and finally releases it back to step 1. You make a good point about a volunteer being unwilling to reject. If we only had feedback on a book's situation (say on this list) we might work together on a specific book to decide its fate. I know people sometimes scan bits of a book so it can be accepted. I also know we sometimes encourage one another when we are not sure whether to reject or not.

E.
At 03:38 PM 7/20/2007, you wrote:
Is the book taken over and over by the same person or by different people. I think a lot of this problem may be due to the fact that validators are reluctant to reject.
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: question about membership rules and volunteer credits

Please understand my appreciating volunteering. I too do not particularly think a person needs to become a member to be able to volunteer as long as he or she actually does submit or validate rather than using the step 1 list in the way I previously described. It is the possible miss-use of step 1 I want to track. I want some way to make volunteers who are new feel welcome and trusted and want some way to slow down the thing where a book gets taken over and over but never validated. If I have hurt or upset anyone I truly apologize.