[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:18:49 -0500

Patti,

If you're speaking of the list on the Step 1 page, none of the books on the
list have been validated yet unless they happen to be kicked back to the
list by Gustavo, and there won't be that many of those.  You should be able
to tell which ones those are by some of the later comments because the
comments will say something about a copyright, author, or title needing
verification.  If I remember correctly, you'll also see an action in the
comments which says DONEDONE.  I'm not sure, but I think that's the name the
engineering staff gave the step of uploading a book after validation.

You're probably getting a little confused because of the rating.  Submitters
give their book a preliminary rating when they submit the book, but it's the
job of the validator to make sure that the final rating is correct.

Also, some books are downloaded but released after a volunteer looks at it.
They sometimes decide they're not interested in the book or decide that the
book requires more work than they're willing to tackle.  This will show up
in the comment history.

Volunteers also sometimes forget to renew a book and let it expire.  When
this happens to someone on the list, they normally ask the list if they can
have it back because they've already invested work in validating it.  You
should be able to figure this out, too, because, again if I remember
correctly, there will be an action in the comment history which says
EXPIRED.

Gerald