[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:37:37 -0500

Elizabeth,  here are the steps I use to clean a book:

1.  Scanning:
2.  Page Integrity Check:
Chapter header check
Page header check:
Remove tab chars at beginning of lines:
Remove tabs at end of lines:
Remove junk chars:
Check for odd combinations of digit 1, like 111 instead of "I'll":
Remove/fix single alphabetic words:
Spell check:

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/15/2004 08:16 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

If you ever get the chance, would you be interested in posting a list of
steps you take with Kurzweil after a scan.  I know they have lots of
tools,
some of which I use often.  A lot of what I do though is simply correcting

while reading on a braillenote.  If I could first use tools from Kurzweil
could do that to a .rtf book and save myself some hand editing.  Thanks.

E.