[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:01:21 -0500

I just submitted The Boy who Loved anne Frank by Ellen Feldman.
Anne Frank and Peter van Pels shared an awkward first love in the Amsterdam
annex where they lived in hiding. In Feldman's novel, Peter has emigrated to
America and, as he promised Anne he would do, completely denied his persecution
in the Holocaust and his identity as a Jew. The happiness and safety of
his new life confounds him: he has a beautiful wife (who is herself Jewish),
lovely children and a good job. But when his wife begins reading Anne's newly
published diary and later attends the play and the movie, Peter begins to
spiral into flashbacks, paranoia and guilt as he questions who he is and where
his responsibilities lie.

Amber
Judge me all you want, but keep the verdict to yourself.
Unknown
EMail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx