[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:09:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Scott,

  Yes, at this point, I'm the only in-house volunteer at Bookshare.  I can
chop, scan and OCR your friend's book if you'd like.  Is she aware that we kill
books at the office (meaning despine them)?  If that's okay with her, then
sure, send the book in and I'll process it.  If she wants the book back whole,
then sorry, I can't process it for her.

  Since it's just one book, I can process it rapidly, but when people send in
hundreds of books, then it takes longer of course. Do you want to validate her
book, or does she want to, or would you like me to do it?  Whatever you want is
fine with me.

  Carrie

Scott Blanks <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hey Carrie,

  Are you still doing your volunteer work at the Bookshare office? I ask
because a friend wants to send a book directly to bookshare for scanning, but I
hoped to confirm for her before mailing that someone would be able to scan the
text within a month or so of its arrival in California. The book is a textbook
for aspiring teachers of English as a second language. I believe the book is
all English, but I don't know much else about its content.

  Many thanks,
  Scott