[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:04:22 -0800 (PST)

Well, I can't claim credit for doing ALL of the work with all of those books.
There were 22 books that had been scanned by other volunteers (and a few by
me), so I merely OCRed, saved, and submitted most of them.  (There are still
another 30 books waiting for office volunteers to edit before submitting them.
Books that are for specific projects have to be edited before submission but
the books I submitted were just for general usage, which is why they weren't
edited before submission.)  Some books that I've scanned have been submitted by
other volunteers, so it all evens out in the wash.  So consider the books to be
from the Bookshare office rather than just me.  The reason I use my name
instead of 'Bookshare Volunteer' is so that if there are problems, the
validator has a name to use to ask questions.  I hope all this makes sense...

Carrie

Allison <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow Carrie, now I feel like a great big under-achiever!  <smile>.  No, really,
good for you.  That's a lot of books, and we're lucky to have people to  do so
much scanning!

Allison