[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:53:23 -0400

Guido,
If it is not too much to ask, could you outline the methods you use to
check Chapter and page headers. If they are badly scrambled, I have always
left them, as I understood Bookshare removes page headers. I remove badly
scrambled chapter headers, as they are sometimes impossible to decipher
without sighted help.

I already remove tabs and junk characters and long strings of spaces and
the other items you mentioned,, but I have always wondered about strings of
blank lines.
I am sure I and the other members of the list can benefit from your
suggestions.
Jim

At 09:37 AM 4/15/04 -0500, you wrote:

> here are the steps I use to clean a book:
>
> Scanning:
> Page Integrity Check:
>Chapter header check
>Page header check:
>Remove tab chars at beginning of lines:
>Remove tabs at end of lines:
>Remove junk chars:
>"":
>Remove/fix single alphabetic words:
>Spell check:
>
> Guido D. Corona
> Austin Tx.
> IBM Research,
> (512) 838-9735
> Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
> http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html
>

>   ""<>
>Sent by: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/15/2004 08:16 AM    Please
>respond to
> bksvol-discuss
>     To bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   cc    Subject [bksvol-discuss] Re:
>just submitted
>

>If you ever get the chance, would you be interested in posting a list of
> I know they have lots of tools,
> A lot of what I do though is simply correcting
> If I could first use tools from Kurzweil I
> Thanks.
>
> E.
>
> At 02:20 AM 4/15/2004, you wrote:
>> I am getting good with Kurzweil now and I cleaned it up
>>very easily.
>>
>>Liz, starting to scan #5 out of 6!
>>
>>Liz Halperin
>>Seattle, WA
>>lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

>  --- Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus
>system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.653 / Virus Database: 418 -
>Release Date: 4/6/04
---