[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:11:32 -0400

Just submitted
"Suite Francaise" by "Irène Némirovsky, Sandra Smith (translator)
this book may need some work in the appendices, as they were hand-written, but
the main text is almost flawless.  I marked it "good": because of the
appendices, but this is an amazingly powerful book.  I really need to finish
laundry instead of books now... I do have to have sheets to sleep on tonight!
what follows is the synopsis of the book.
Irène Némirovsky was a famous author in France. Before her death in the German
concentration camps, she wrote two parts of what was to be a five-part book.
Sixty years after her death, her daughters unearthed the notebooks in which
these unfinished manuscripts lay dormant. These have been published, along
with appendices that contain Irène Némirovsky's notes on the book, as well as
correspondence telling the fate of this author.

Enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams