[bksvol-discuss] Re: a sort of raise for validators

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:15:29 -0400

I think if bookshare advertised the possibility in a way which is simple to understand they might get more volunteers.

E.
At 01:49 PM 9/26/2006, you wrote:

I don't know how many subscribers there are, but I believe I was told a few
months back that Bookshare has over 4000 members now, so call it less than
1.5%.

Of course, when yu stop to remember that Bookshare is a nonprofit which
isn't self-sufficient yet, you want that number to be low.  That doesn't
mean that the opportunity isn't availabel for those who wish to take
advantage of it, though.  Only that few people do take advantage of earning
a free subscription.

Gerald