[bksvol-discuss] Re: a sort of raise for validators

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Elizabeth. If all scanners pre-validated
carefully before submitting the difference in the
credit scale would make sense. The validator's job
would go quickly and perhaps only merit 50 cents. But
so far it's been the other way around. I think our new
scanners are doing a lot better job, but up to now so
many scanners just scan and submit without checking
anything. A lot of you here on the list are
exceptions, thank goodness; I won't name you because I
might omit somene who doesn't deserve to be omitted,
but you know who you are. But until everyone does as
good a job as you, the pay rate should me more equal.
I'd suggest one dollar for validating instead of 50
cents, which is still less than half the scanning
rate, right? And since apparently, based on what was
posted recently, few volunteers actually pay for their
memberships that way--were there only 5 or 7? I would
think bookshare could afford it. smile