[bksvol-discuss] Re: a sort of raise for validators

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:50:26 -0400

Hi, Cindy. I have a scanner and use Openbook to scan. What I was trying to say is that without credits, I wouldn't do much on the validating side of things. As it is, I do validation both for the credit and because we have a pretty hefty step 1 page right now. Lora was talking about not validating for credits, and that is what I was responding to. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Monday 9/25/2006 11:34 PM, you wrote:
Monica,

One gets so much more monetary credit for scanning,
and all you'd really have to do after a scan is to
check the copyright page and put the right info in the
submission form; go through the book and be sure no
pages have been omitted (we've all done that, and
double-scanned a page, too); and delete junk
characters; and run a spell-check. So you validate
because you don't have a scanner? I think some can be
had relatively inexpensively and it might pay you n
the long run.

I don't blame you at all for validating for the
credits. I probably would work for the credits, too. I
admit that in my lifetime I have volunteered my time
and efforts rather than donated money, not only
because I feel I'm being useful but because I don't
have that much money to donate. smile