[bksvol-discuss] Re: So what did we decide?

  • From: "Rui Cabral" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:48:28 -0500

regarding .txt files.

I ran a test using word 2003 and no it did not retain pagebreaks in .txt
format.

I know k1k retains them and am fairly confident that at least the last
couple of versions of openbook do as well.

Beyond that i can't comment.
What i would like to know is, what is the compelling reason to submit in
.txt since an rtf is only 20 to 40% bigger depending on how much formatting
is preserved?

Even for someone using a dialup connection, this should not present a
substancial burier to submission and or validation.

-- Rui
 Bookshare.org Unofficial Volunteer Scanning Page
http://members.cox.net/booksharescans