[bksvol-discuss] Re: Redoing the Bookshare Website

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:41:29 -0600

Hi Courtney,

I definitely saved a copy of the FAQ! grin. So I'll make sure Alison and Madeline get a copy.

I'd also vote for FAQ over wiki, at least the wiki software that Bookshare uses. I'm sighted, and the parts of the Bookshare volunteer site that use their wiki software are really hard to use even if you aren't using a screen reader.

Judy s.

On 3/29/2012 4:00 PM, Courtney Stover wrote:
Hi:

I'd just like to put my second to Judy's motion for an FAQ.

I've created FAQs for several of the groups/websites I'm affiliated
with, and it has helped immensely, particularly with technical issues.

Judy, the one you compiled sounds amazingly thorough, and I hope you
saved a copy somewhere *smile*

An FAQ would probably be easier for those of us with Screen Readers,
at least with Bookshare's current platform, as compared to a Wicki.
I've read numerous posts on this list about parts/the entirety of the
Wicki being inaccessible to those with Screen Readers.  This is mostly
in connection with the safe/unsafe publishers list, but if it's a
problem there, I can't imagine it's not a problem elsewhere.
Regards,
Courtney