[bksvol-discuss] Re: Redoing the Bookshare Website

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:30:29 -0500

MessageHi All,

It sounds to me like the problem with slow-loading pages might be solved by
separating the Volunteer site onto a different server from the membership site.
 Or something.

I would be helped greatly by the book titles being headings.  On the membership
site, it's easy to click the h repeatedly to skip from title to title, and this
would really help with all the book lists.

I encourage not only thoroughness in the manual, but also conciseness.  And
searchability of the FAQ by linked questions.

The list of "safe" and "unsafe" publishers should be updated frequently and put
on the Volunteer page as a link, just like "Books in Process" and "Submit a
Book," etc.

Keep the page as simple as possible.

And thanks for adding MP3.  I requested a file at about 8:00 this morning,
Central time, and have not received the e-mail that it's ready yet.

Sandi