[bksvol-discuss] Re: Redoing the Bookshare Website

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:22:11 -0600

I want to second Kim's comments, especially on the slow loading times. I know Bookshare engineering 'knows' about this, but really? Seriously? Dudes, it can take us volunteers thirty minutes or more at times for a single page in the volunteer section to load on Bookshare's site, when it comes to checking out or checking in books--and that's on both broadband or dialup. It's even worse during the times from around midnight to 6 a.m. I call it "Loony Toons time" when I check out or check in books, or look at what's available for checkout, because I find myself yelling at the site, "I hates you!" in the style of the Loony Toons cartoon character Yosemite Sam! grin.

I'm poking a bit of fun here, but it really is a total pain in the butt and has been that way for at least the last two years.

Judy s.

On 3/29/2012 5:16 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for your comments! I know about the volunteer newsletter problem and I want to fix this too. We are actually talking about starting the newsletter up again. Regardless, that old link shouldn't be there. I'm not sure about the slow loading times, but I will see what I can find out about what is being done to fix this. It's really frustrating, I agree!

Hopefully we'll be able to straighten out these issues!

Thanks,

Madeleine