[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: people's reactions and stpid questions

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 05:37:49 -0500

I usually do say something like that. There was some small child running (yes running not walking) up and down the car of the commuter train I used to take to work. Mama sat there saying "Stop that." child kept running. I simply wanted quiet and did not want said child to fall on me in case train came to sudden stop. I stood up and yelled. "sit down now." Child sat down. Mother said nothing. Go figure.

I do not remember my parents hitting us. I also canot imagine either me or my sister behaving in such a way in public and certainly not on a moving train. I also do not understand a parent who continues to sit and gets ignored by child not getting up and grabbing ahold of child and making child sit down.

But then all I know about is how to get my guide dogs to behave on planes, in trains, in crowded CSUN conventions, in restaurants and in Manhattan. Go figure.

E.