[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: people's reactions and stpid questions

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:53:45 -0500

Actually, that would be very bad, as we already have people terrified of
dogs, and scared of dogs, and do stupid things because they are terrified of
dogs.

In Cleveland my dog when we would go to the grocery store was either

1. A guard dog yes you heard right.
2. A oprotector dog, that bites.
3. A dog that bites.
4. A workin' dog that bites.

And you know at that point I didn't bother to controdict them, after all if
we can keep protection in that neighborhood.  Was not a nice area of
Cleveland, and was highly recommended we not walk around after dark by
ourselves.

I did ask one parent once when I was really frustrated as she shouts at her
child.,

"Don't touch that dog he will bite!"

I asked her why she insisted that the dog bit, and she said she didn't want
her kid touching strange dogs.  I looked at her and said, "Why don't you
teach your kid to ask if they can pet the strange dog, and not touch strange
dogs without permission."  It was quite a shock to her, smile, ans she said
"I didn't think of that".

Ah, yes, ahem, smile.

Yes I have also gotten the "you aren't blind".

Comments and one day, I dealt with two African American girls who were
trying to pick a fight with me.

They were asking all kinds of stupid questions, were pissed and angry that
my dog was on the bus, and that we weren't sitting in the front "where we
belonged" and that as one of them got off the bus they said, "ooops, I just
stepped on the dog" for humor affect from her friends.

Other people would Shriek when they saw my dog, but would continue to ride
on the bus, but would periodically shriek when one of his feet would appear
from under the seat.  One lady once, got on the bus saw my dog, and covered
her eyes as she tip toed up the aisle, as if Judson wouldn't hurt her if she
couldn't see him.
It was really frustrating.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden