[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: people's reactions and stpid questions

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 02:42:40 -0500

I agree about annoying. The worst are the ones who follow you down the street sometimes for a block or two saying things like "are you really blind? I don't believe you are really blind. If you are really blind you would not be getting around so well. You must be faking it. Aren't there homes for people like you so you don't scare me walking around?" After someone did this to me for a couple of blocks one time I was lucky enough to find a cop.

True, but when you are tired, concentrating on homework and just wanting to
relax, concentrating on the road ahead in case the bus driver happens to
forget you are there, they can get to be extremely annoying questions.

Smile.

Actually today in Walmart I had a very young and unsupervised tgirl come up
and start to harrass Judson and I.  What bugged me is that Judson was trying
to do his job at the time, but she wouldn't leave us alone.  Smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.