[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare's Purpose in Your Eyes

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:17:09 -0400

hey Mary, I have to agree with you on your points.

Even though some libraries like the Bean Library are making electronic texts
more accessible, not quite perfect, as we still have to beg for unprotected
password protected copies in order to access them, it isn't the same as
going to Amazon buying a book and reading it as soon as it arrives.

There is just no comparison and until there I am going to continue scanning
and submitting.  smile.

And have done many hours at the $3.50 wage, smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe