[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare's Purpose in Your Eyes

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:05:22 -0400

Hi Mary,

  I see your point, and I do the same thingwith the new books list and with
books that have quality problems.  Nonetheless, people buy books and then
don't get around to reading them.  Some people also buy books that they only
read once, but that doesn't give them a discount on the price of the book.
But, whatever your intended use or lack thereof, you still had to shell out
the money.  So, it does seem to me that a download is more like a purchase
than a perusal in the bookstore.  When you download, you've actually taken
the book home.  When you peruse, you leave the book on the shelf and walk
out of the store.

  There's clearly lots of gray here; what about people who buy books and
then lend/give them to friends, etc? I guess that's what makes it
interesting, at least to me.

Take care,
Donna