[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare's Purpose in Your Eyes

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:29:37 -0500

Donna, I agree with your post. $50 for all I get is nothing at
all, and although I don't know of a better way to do things, I
too feel it is not really fair that any book I scan is now mine
to keep or any I book I download is likewise mine not just for
today or for the first reading but for next week and next year.
Yes, I can have much the same experience using my public library,
but the difference in convenience is significant.
I want better quality and am not opposed to paying something for
it. I'm not committed to the proposition that since blind folks
have always gotten our books for free, we must always continue to
get them that way.

Bookshare is the best compromise I know of for now.