[bksvol-discuss] Re: 550 books in the download queue

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:50:38 -0500

I don't have a problem with nuking fair rated books, but you've got to at least
check them to make sure that the rating isn't caused at least in part, by the
presence of a lot of dialect, slang, foreign names and/or words
etc. I really love that K1000 ranked spelling feature. Even though its clearly
not perfect, running it against a submission and zipping through at least a
portion of what it thinks are errors will give a quick idea of the
book's quality. You start seeing lots of fragmented words, you know you've got
a candidate for the rejection category.
Mary