[bksvol-discuss] Re: 550 books in the download queue

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:59:02 -0500

Ken,
With regard to that history book you mentioned, why not clean up the junk
before submitting the book? If you don't feel comfortable inserting a
description of what got deleted, or you can't, because its a picture you
can't see, you could just put a note stating picture omitted. Main thing would
be to get rid of all the extraneous junk before submitting the book, so that it
can be read by those whose tolerance for such large blocks of
junk isn't all that great. I know when I am reading a book on a portable device
such as the book courier and, before that the RoadRunner, and I start hitting a
lot of junk, I get disgusted and quit reading the book.
There isn't a lot you can do with regard to things like footnote numbers.  But
those blocks of junk characters can be got rid of before the book us uploaded.
Mary