[birdky] Sloughs Sunday

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:14:40 -0600

I did a brief drive by the Sloughs Sunday morning about 10AM.
1/20/08 clear, calm 14º

Only the deepest water did not have any ice cover.

No ducks seen.
No Tundra Swans seen.

Canada Geese on the far south edge of Wood Tract on the ice.
Snows and Greater-white fronted geese north of 268 on soy bean stubble and green wheat(?) fields.

Anderson Pond had Canadas on the ice.

From Anderson Pond platform I could see an adult Bald eagle sitting over the nest south of Anderson Pond.

==============================

Friday I also drove by at 4PM:
1/18/08 clear, SW wind, 34º

Ice, but lots of open water, remnants of Thursdays snow everywhere.

Lot of Mallards and Shovelers in the open water at Wood Tract.

No Tundra Swans seen.
Canadas, Snows, and Greater-white fronted geese in fields south of 268.
15 Turkey with Snows south of 268 next to Anderson Pond.

One sub-adult Bald Eagle perched over 268 on the only tree over 268.

Charlie
Henderson Co.